Summers are warm, but not particularly warm to your car tyres. In summer your tyres are not very efficient in dealing with the heat and exhibiting good performance simultaneously. Rubber being rubber, yields under the temperature and a lot of its desirable properties are compromised. And this is when summer tyres Coventry come in.
Summer tyres, also known as performance tyres, are made up of a special hard tread compound. When this compound is subjected to higher temperatures, it expands enough to create gaps in its particles. These gaps help in interlocking between the tyre and road surface. Moreover. This compound contains sticky additives for a sturdy hold even in wet conditions. They also have broader grooves to prevent water build-up.
You’ll find a myriad of summer tyres in the market but we have listed out some of the best just for you. The list shall give you an idea as to what you should expect from something that you want to invest in.
DUNLOP SP SPORT FASTRESPONSE
A dependable in wet conditions, this tyre stands out for the various acclaims and accolades it received. Highly rated and a fan-favourite, Dunlop SP Sport FastResponse this is a must-have. The reasons why it was able to prove its mettle are:
- Out-Of-The-World responsiveness and feedback with SP FastResponse and reinforced bridging between the rim and the tyre.
- A broader tread profile for optimum contact and an excellent wet and dry handling.
- Wider grooves for constant water dispersal, thereby preventing aquaplaning and offering excellent wet-road steering.
- Higher Silica composition for an increased wet grip and shorter braking distance.
- The asymmetric tread with a rigid shoulder block for maintaining cornering stability and even pressure distribution across the tread profile.
- A long-lasting tread compound with minimal energy loss and material wear, and fuel-efficient too!
CONTINENTAL PREMIUMCONTACT™ 6
In a series of reliable summer tyres Coventry, Continental’s ‘Contact’ series has been a tremendous hit not just with motor enthusiasts but with our everyday customers as well. Some of the fabulous reasons that set it apart are:
- Crystal Safety Silica Compounds that offer maximum braking, enhanced safety and excellent mileage even in wet conditions.
- A wear-optimised polymer with uniform tread stiffness that increases comfort and mileage while decreasing noise.
- Asymmetric tread rib with advanced macro-blocks that offer better grip under lateral pressure maximise control and steering.
MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4
A premium range of tyres that prioritises safety, comfort and responsiveness, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 has exceeded the benchmarks for innovation and creativity. The factors that give it an edge over others are:
- "Dynamic Response" Technology that safeguards the steering responsiveness with the help of a Nylon-Aramid hybrid belt.
- An adaptive tread design to offer mindblowing reactiveness and a firm footprint on the road.
- Hydrophobic silica and “functional elastomers” mixed into a compound offering safer braking and a delightful wet grip.
- Perpetual drainage on wet roads through longitudinal grooves with deep and wide grooves.
Instincts would make you go for all of them but not all of them are going to fit your car. Wondering what the best choice would be? Allow Coventry Tyres an opportunity to assist you. With a giant collection of the latest tyres, we also have a team of veteran workmen who will guide you through the process. We’d be glad to have you on board.